There isn’t a single person who anticipates paying for auto insurance, especially when they know the cost is too high.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who compare rates once a year will probably switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rates annually saved approximately $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price for Acura RDX insurance is the reason for your visit, then understanding how to quote and compare coverages can make it easier to find better rates.
How to find discount Acura RDX insurance in Baltimore
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Acura RDX insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Baltimore.
- Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for the details to prevent high rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. View rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper RDX coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverages on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
With so many companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for an Acura RDX in Baltimore, it’s nearly impossible to locate the lowest price insurer.
Get cheap Acura RDX insurance in Baltimore with discounts
Some insurers don’t always list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Baltimore auto insurance online.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Baltimore Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and GEICO will let one accident slide before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a course teaching safe driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for signing up before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Acura RDX yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims or violations, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, driver’s education, safe vehicle, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, federal employee, five-year accident-free, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
- Allstate has discounts for anti-lock brakes, farm vehicle, premier discount, economy car, and resident student.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safe driver, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, anti-theft, drive less, anti-lock brakes, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, driver training, and 55 and retired.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Baltimore. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Baltimore, click here.
How to compare Acura RDX insurance rate quotes in Baltimore, Maryland
Just remember that comparing more prices will enable you to find lower pricing.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Maryland. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Maryland, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The coverage information displayed below showcases different prices for Acura RDX models. Being able to understand how policy rates are calculated helps drivers make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$248||$518||$390||$24||$116||$1,296||$108|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$248||$518||$390||$24||$116||$1,296||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in Baltimore location which can alter coverage prices noticeably.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents raise Acura RDX insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage or liability only
The information below shows the difference between Acura RDX car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact rule to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Acura RDX claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance agents can help
Some consumers still like to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Baltimore.
By using this simple form, your information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they function. Insurance agencies in Baltimore can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Baltimore who may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Rodgers Insurance Agency Inc
6800 Holabird Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 282-1379 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Baltimore that are able to give rate quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- How long has their agency been open in Baltimore?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Baltimore?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Maryland?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Baltimore auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting a good quality insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Baltimore. The rank data in the lists below can help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
A conclusion for your insurance search
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal or even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
You just learned many tips how you can compare Acura RDX insurance premium rates in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
How to buy discount Acura RDX insurance in Baltimore
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for Acura RDX insurance in Baltimore is to regularly compare quotes from companies who provide car insurance in Maryland.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and your credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if cheaper RDX coverage is available in Baltimore. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Baltimore Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)